There is nothing better than exercising with a friend. (Other than maybe worshipping together with a friend)
It is definitely one of my favorite things to do! This week, not only did I get to run with one friend but two friends a total of 3 times!
There is something about puffing, sweating, talking, and running together that just makes your relationship so much more real and meaningful!
Here are the 5 reasons you should grab a friend for your next run (walk, bike ride, Zumba class, weight lift, whatever it may be!):
- You have someone to talk to about your day, talk about your life, complain about how tired you are, and just get to know on a deeper level.
- It makes your run seem like the shortest run ever! Seriously 4 miles feels like 1 (or at least only 3, I promise!)
- Pacing! You are now accountable for how fast you are going and running with a friend is a great way to work on speed! For those of you who are competitive out there, this is especially good for you since you feel like you are racing someone other than yourself! For people like me who aren’t so competitive, it just pushes you to keep a constant pace which is really good running form!
- You feel like a legit, amazing, hard core, serious runner. If you run, you are this already, however there is something super impressive of not just one, but two runners coming towards you on the sidewalk, passing your car, running by your table at lunch, or running through the park! You basically look like a boss.
- Psychologically running makes you happier. Psychologically being with others makes you happier. So what happens when you do both at the same time?! You get even HAPPIER!!!!
Go be happy today!
What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
What is your favorite workout to do with friends?